- What is a characteristic of vitamin A found in foods?
- Vitamin A insufficiency causes which of the following symptoms?
- Which of the following is a characteristic of vitamins?
- What are vitamin A’s five main functions?
- Are there vitamins in foods?
- What are some vitamin B sources?
- What distinguishes the vitamin D quizlet?
- Vitamin K has which of the following properties?
- Vitamin E has which of the following properties?
- What are the most common vitamin sources?
- Which of the following foods contains the most vitamin A?
- Quiz about the function of vitamins and minerals
- What are vitamin A’s four functions?
- What is a vitamin and what does it do?
- What are some of the advantages of vitamin A?
- What are the components of vitamins and minerals?
- What is the meaning of the word “vitamin”?
- What do minerals have to do with nutrition?
- Where does vitamin C come from?
- Which of the following foods is high in vitamin B1?
- What foods are good sources of vitamin C?
- Catabolic reactions have which of the following characteristics?
- Calcium has which of the following properties in the body?
- Which of the following is a Retin A characteristic?
- Which of the following is a copper nutrient feature?
- What are vitamin K’s sources?
- Quizlet: Which of the following characteristics do vitamins C and E have in common?
- Which of the following are vitamin E’s functions quizlet?
- What is the nutrition of prothrombin quizlet?
- Quizlet: Which of the following foods is a good source of vitamin A?
- Which of the following foods contains the most vitamin A Mcq?
What is a characteristic of vitamin A found in foods?
Vitamin A aids in the formation and maintenance of healthy teeth, bones, soft tissue, mucous membranes, and skin. Because it creates pigments in the retina of the eye, it is also known as retinol. Vitamin A improves vision, especially in dim light.
Vitamin A insufficiency causes which of the following symptoms?
Vitamin A deficiency can cause skin irritation, night blindness, infertility, delayed growth, and respiratory infections. Vitamin A levels in the blood may be low in people with wounds and acne, and they may benefit from treatment with greater dosages of the vitamin.
Which of the following is a characteristic of vitamins?
Vitamins that are fat-soluble.
|Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is (and its precursor, beta-carotene) The body converts a precursor into a vitamin.||Vision, good skin and mucous membranes, bone and tooth formation, and immune system health are all dependent on it.|
|Vitamin D is an important nutrient.||Calcium absorption is aided by this mineral, which is stored in the bones.|
What are vitamin A’s five main functions?
Vitamin A helps your body function in a variety of ways, including:
- Vision preservation is important. Vitamin A is necessary for the health of your eyes’ light-sensing cells and the production of tear fluid (2).
- Immune system.
- The expansion of the body.
- Hair is growing.
- Reproductive capability.
Are there vitamins in foods?
Vitamins and minerals are two of the most important types of nutrition your body requires to stay alive and healthy . Learn about some of the vital vitamins that are advised for older people, as well as how to get the required quantity in your diet. Vitamins assist your body in growing and functioning properly.
What are some vitamin B sources?
Vitamin B can be found in the following foods:
- Kidney and liver are two organs of the human body.
- Chicken and red meat are examples of meat.
- Tuna, mackerel, and salmon are examples of fish.
- Oysters and clams are examples of shellfish.
- Spinach and kale are dark green veggies.
What distinguishes the vitamin D quizlet?
Retina is a type of retina. Vitamin D’s major purpose is to aid calcium and phosphorus absorption as well as calcium mobilization from bone.
Vitamin K has which of the following properties?
Vitamin K is a series of fat-soluble vitamins that aid in blood clotting, bone metabolism , and calcium regulation in the blood. Vitamin K is required for the production of prothrombin, a protein and clotting factor involved in blood clotting and bone metabolism.
Vitamin E has which of the following properties?
The following are the functions of vitamin E: It has anti-oxidant properties. This means it protects body tissue from the damaging effects of free radicals. Cells, tissues, and organs can all be harmed by free radicals.
What are the most common vitamin sources?
The following are some excellent resources:
- Oranges and grapefruit are examples of citrus fruits.
- Peppers, both red and green.
- Strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are some of the most popular berries.
- Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are examples of green leafy veggies.
Which of the following foods contains the most vitamin A?
Dairy products, liver, fish, and fortified cereals are the top sources of vitamin A in the American diet, whereas carrots, broccoli, cantaloupe, and squash are the top sources of provitamin A [4, 5].
Quiz about the function of vitamins and minerals
The body requires organic compounds to assist regulate and coordinate physiological functions. Are necessary for a healthy dietary balance.
What are vitamin A’s four functions?
These are some of them:
- Aiding the immune system (your body’s natural defense against illness and infection) to function effectively.
- In low-light situations, this aids vision.
- Maintaining the health of the skin and the lining of specific bodily parts, such as the nose.
What is a vitamin and what does it do?
Vitamins are a collection of compounds necessary for appropriate cell function, growth, and development. There are 13 vitamins that are considered essential. This signifies that these vitamins are necessary for the body’s optimal functioning.
What are some of the advantages of vitamin A?
Vitamin A is necessary for healthy vision, immunity, and reproduction. Vitamin A also aids in the healthy functioning of the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs. Vitamin A is divided into two categories. Preformed vitamin A, the first type, is found in meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
What are the components of vitamins and minerals?
Vitamins are organic chemicals that are produced by plants or animals. Minerals are inorganic elements that are absorbed by plants or ingested by animals and come from soil and water. To grow and stay healthy, your body requires higher levels of certain minerals, such as calcium.
What is the meaning of the word “vitamin”?
Vitamin is derived from the word vitamine , which was developed in 1912 by Polish biochemist Casimir Funk as a combination of the words “vital” and “amine, ” after he discovered a complex of micronutrients essential to life, all of which he assumed to be amines.
What do minerals have to do with nutrition?
Minerals are the elements found on the soil and in foods that our bodies require for appropriate development and function. Calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, chloride, magnesium, iron, zinc, iodine, chromium, copper, fluoride, molybdenum, manganese, and selenium are all necessary minerals.
Where does vitamin C come from?
Vitamin C is abundant in several foods.
- Oranges and orange juice are citrus fruits.
- Brussel sprouts are a type of Brussels sprout.
Which of the following foods is high in vitamin B1?
Vitamin B1 comes from a variety of sources. Whole grains, beans, lentils, green peas, sunflower seeds, oats, and asparagus are all natural primary plant sources. Vitamin B1 is also found in soymilk, yoghurt, and fortified foods such breakfast cereals, flours, breads, noodles, and rice.
What foods are good sources of vitamin C?
Vitamin C is abundant in citrus fruits, tomatoes and tomato juice, and potatoes in the American diet . Red and green peppers, kiwifruit, broccoli, strawberries, brussels sprouts, and cantaloupe (see Table 2) are other good sources [8, 12].
Catabolic reactions have which of the following characteristics?
What is the total amount of chemical reactions occurring in live cells? What distinguishes catabolic reactions? They entail the discharge of energy. What phrase is used to describe reactions that combine simple components to form more complex molecules?
Calcium has which of the following properties in the body?
Calcium aids in the formation of strong bones and teeth. Blood clotting Nerve signals are sent and received.
Which of the following is a Retin A characteristic?
Which of the following is a Retin-A characteristic? It works well in the treatment of rickets. It is given orally to treat cystic acne’s deep lesions. It has been shown to be useful in the treatment of acne and wrinkles.
Which of the following is a copper nutrient feature?
Which of the following is a copper nutrient feature? The efficiency of absorption is comparable to that of iron. In the diet, soft water may supply substantial amounts. It is involved in the production of collagen and hemoglobin.
What are vitamin K’s sources?
Vitamin K is abundant in several foods.
- Broccoli and spinach are examples of green leafy veggies.
- Oils from vegetables.
- Grains of cereal.
Quizlet: Which of the following characteristics do vitamins C and E have in common?
Which of the following characteristics do both Vitamin E and Vitamin C have in common? Both of these substances are antioxidants. Water-soluble vitamins are absorbed directly into the bloodstream and hence stored in tissues more readily.
Which of the following are vitamin E’s functions quizlet?
A powerful antioxidant (stabilization of cell membranes, regulation of oxidation reactions, protection of polyunsaturated fatty acids [PUFA] and vitamin A).
What is the nutrition of prothrombin quizlet?
Prothrombin is a vitamin K-dependent protein that aids in the coagulation of blood.
Quizlet: Which of the following foods is a good source of vitamin A?
Vitamin A is found in foods such as liver, butternut squash, pumpkin, vitamin A and D fortified milk, and eggs. You just finished studying 63 terms!
Which of the following foods contains the most vitamin A Mcq?
Carrots are high in carotene and contain vitamin A.Category:Nutrition